So it turns out I might not have ATN...but a neuralgia/neuropathy of the Temporal Branch of the 7th Cranial Nerve

*sigh*

So I've got ATN pains and symptoms, but likely in another nerve. I had surgery in the temporal area to remove a tumor two years ago and the temporal branch of the facial nerve is likely the root of my pain. I think it branches from the trigeminal nerve, so it's super hard for my doctor to tell. He recommends I try a temporary nerve block to see if that will help confirm.

This diagram (the red lines) shows where most of my pain is, but with secondary aches and pains in my temporal muscle and temple where you can see all the nerves branching out :

So...I don't have TN, but can we still be friends?

The doctor is hoping TN treatments will work for my neuralgia/neuropathy as well.

Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted!

Oh I've had about 10-12 MRIs in the past few years. My neurologist has put me on tegretol and thinks it's nerve related while my neurosurgeon insists it's muscular (deep muscle scar tissue) so if I end up needing any nerve blocks I'm getting a different surgeon.

This aforementioned nerve is the Temporal branch of the Facial Cranial Nerve and my tumor was in my temporal lobe. This is a picture of my incision from when I had surgery:

So, the nerve that runs parallel to my ear along my head is the one causing all the pain.