Sinusitis and TN

I have been suffering with facial pain for over a year and half . Closer to two . I have allgeries sometimes sinus infection and I have had sinusitis before but always clears up . Now I am confused . I know sinusitis can cause face and teeth pain but nothing on the scale I have been dealing with . I recently seen a new doctor . He said well you have some tn snytoms and definitely nerve damaged but almost made it sound like that he thought possible sinusitis could be the underlying culprit for my agonizing face pain . I respect the doctor in what he is saying but the same time . I get the feeling its not that easy and it would be a miracle if it was that . Has anyone dealt with this . I mean it would be great but is not possible to have tn and develop sinusitis . would appreciate as much feed back as possible . Thanks

My TN pain started with a sinus infection and quit when the sinus infection stopped. Stayed away for 12 years, until my next serious sinus infection. The TN stopped when I finished the antibiotics that stopped the sinus infection. Same happened 7 years later, then again in 4 years. The TN always started with a sinus infection, until I started using a netti pot everyday. Now, no more sinus infections, and the TN only returns when I eat too much sugar and sweets.

I think the sinus infections were a trigger, not the cause, and now, sugar increases low level infections in the nerve.

Of course, God only knows.

Good luck,

Gene

Thank you Gene . That has to be the best thing I have heard in the past two days

Gene said:

My TN pain started with a sinus infection and quit when the sinus infection stopped. Stayed away for 12 years, until my next serious sinus infection. The TN stopped when I finished the antibiotics that stopped the sinus infection. Same happened 7 years later, then again in 4 years. The TN always started with a sinus infection, until I started using a netti pot everyday. Now, no more sinus infections, and the TN only returns when I eat too much sugar and sweets.

I think the sinus infections were a trigger, not the cause, and now, sugar increases low level infections in the nerve.

Of course, God only knows.

Good luck,

Gene

When I was first diagnosed, my pcp thought it might be caused by my sinuses. But after clearing all that up, it's still there! and has went from textbook TN1 on my left side to bilateral TN2.........

Sorry to hear that, Jessica. I have a hard time feeling sorry for myself when I see so many people suffering that much.

I am sorry too ,Jessica . It’s a shame they do not know more about tn .

Awesa2013 said:

When I was first diagnosed, my pcp thought it might be caused by my sinuses. But after clearing all that up, it’s still there! and has went from textbook TN1 on my left side to bilateral TN2…