Reaction to Vimpat / Lacosamide?

Dear friends

I suffer Glossopharyngeal neuralgia. I have been on high doses of Vimpat, Gabapentin and Oxycarbazepine.

Recently I noticed a lump in my left armpit. I called my GP who thought it was probably nothing and would disappear.

It’s been over three weeks. I have no fever or any other infection.

I’m wondering whether I’m reacting to VIMPAT?

Has anyone else had same condition?

Please help

By same conditioning you mean GPN, I have it . Tried Vimpat long ago. . Use to take Max dose Neurontin but got to the point where I could no longer speak properly. Tried to take it again years later and that go round it made me suicidally depressed after just a few doses . No lumps however from either Med.

1 Like

Hi hi,
I’ve been taking Vimpat for 3 years and never had any kind of lump from it. I haven’t taken oxycarbamazepine but that would be a very strange reaction to any kind of neurological medication.
I’m not second guessing your doctor obviously, and I’m not any kind of doctor myself but However as a woman, if it doesn’t go away in a few days, I personally would be making an appointment with my gynecologist or at the least ask your primary to recheck.

1 Like

Did you have any type of cancer ever? Any lump that does not go away in 12 days should be a red flag for concern. GO TO ANOTHER MD now!!! I am a dentist!!!

1 Like

Thank you. What do you now take in place of neurontin? I’m on 900mg four times a day.

It has been a long journey. YEARS .
Opiates, steroid injections, Topical Lidocaine compounded to apply externally , EMLA for the ear pain, Tetracaine 2% , Valtrex , L-Lysine, Acular, etc.
The Tetracaine is compounded and used intra-nasally to reach the SP Ganglion .Also Acular, an OPTH. NSAID helps eye pain .
The Steroid injections at V2V3 were the best treatment for the Mandibular pain . But after many years I had a bad outcome to that . Now I go to a Facial Pain dentist for dental injections to supplement other pain control modalities . Trying to control the pain with injections is my preferred modality but that only works for the Mandibular pain .
I had a nerve ablation for Maxillary pain early on and that lasted about ten years before it came back.

1 Like

I am not clear on whether your PCP has seen that lump or not. IF no Doc has seen it it needs to be seen. Did your PCP see it and say it was a " blocked Sebaceous gland "? Did they said anything other than to just worry about it ?
I truly hope they did not say that without seeing it …I agree with our dental friend . It needs to be evaluated

Sorry about the mis- spellings . My computer hates me