Problems after mvd surgery

Had mvd surgery almost 4 ths ago. i have lingering problems including the numbness on half the face and now dry eye problems from it. teeth are very sensitive since the only thing you feel is the teeth not the gums. Looking for others who have had to face this and how you managed to do so. Looking for any help or suggestions on coping and any new treatments that might help.Thank you and to better days ahead

Debbie,
I have intermittent numbness on the side of my surgery and have had other issues unlike yours. I would still encourage you to be patient and at the same time, please continue seeing your surgeon. There are a multitude of possible complications, some much worse than those you have. Try to stay positive. I know it is frustrating…I am in that same place right now. I will keep you in my prayers and you may contact me anytime you want some encouragement. Those of us who have had the MVD surgery sometimes find that this is not a perfect solution…but it is still better than the TN pain, at least for me.

How are you doing Debbie? My surgery was just about 4 weeks ago but my teeth on that side still can’t touch. I haven’t had the pressure and extreme stabbing pain but still have pangs in my ear and aches in my jaw. Also popping in both ears if I do too much.

Hi Debbie,
Hang in there. I am sure you will feel better with time. I think it was about six months before I felt significant relief although I did have relief right after surgery. My face and the back of my head were numb for months. But I didn’t have dry eyes or sensitive teeth. I picked up a new sensation on the side of my tongue but it wasn’t bad and it rarely happens any more. It has been 13 months since my surgery.
Is your pain better?
Liz