Post Mvd question

Question for others who are post MVD. It has been 7 months since my successful MVD and it is great living pain free again. I do however have extreme itching around my incision site and up the side of my head and behind my ear. Has anyone else had this? What can you do about it? Another thing I worry about is extreme movement of my head…am I being silly? Example…is it ok to ride roller coasters or go snow tubing? I guess in the back of my mind I am afraid if my head gets bumped around then the pad would move. I am sure I am imaging things, but comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

I haven't had MVD so I wouldn't know, but I imagine I would probably be scared of extreme movement too. So glad your MVD has been successful so far!

Kjens,

I too have severe itching around my incision but I am only six weeks post-MVD. I assumed it was part of the healing process and would resolve itself. Have you tried cortisone cream to help relieve the itch? I know it's messy, but could help.

You raise good questions about extreme head movements. I never thought about asking my doctor, but I will because I love riding roller coasters and other similar activities. I'm paranoid about anything disrupting my MVD.