New weird pain?

Hi everyone. I’m 6 months post MVD. Healing a bit slowly but well. It didn’t take all the pain, but between surgery and meds, the demon in my face hasn’t been able to attack full force. The last few weeks tho, I’m getting stabbing pains on the back of my head just above the scar. Has this happened to anyone else? I can’t decide if I should call the surgeon or the neuro. Thanks. If you’re in the Northeast like I am, hope you’re staying warm and having a snow day:)

Marla

Hi Marla

I'm sorry to hear about your pain!!! It's terrible to suffer. I think you should start with your surgeon. See what they have to say. Every time I call the Neuro theyt just give me more meds as an answer. I live in Mass and go to Mass General for my Neuro. They have a great reputation but I really dont think anyone can understand this Disease!! It is a Demon.

I had a MVD on November 17th 3 months now and I am not pain free. I've had some facial numbness that just started to creep in on me this past week. I will talk with my surgeon about it this week. Let me know how you make out

I hope and pray for you to heal soon!!!

sandi

sundibell

After my MVD I got these too and occasionally still get them… My doctor and surgeon weren’t concerned, said it was sensory…just the nerve firing or something like that.
Definitely bring it to your doctors attention, but in my case nothing to worry about, just another stabbing pain, just different location.
Sure hope it goes away for you, (( hugs )) Mimi

Hi Mimi,

Thanks for responding. My surgeon said the same thing, but I got nervous when they started happening so frequently. Guess just like the rest of it, I have to ride it out. Sigh:)

Hi Sandi,
I hope as you heal your pain decreases. Mine isn’t gone yet either, but we’re working on it. My surgeon wasn’t worried, but it started happening more frequently and I got worried.

So think it’s colder in Massachusetts than here in NY so stay warm!!! :slight_smile: