Peripheral Nerve Stim trial denied by insurance

Has anyone had this happen to them? I have good insurance and good secondary insurance (for which we pay dearly for) and they just denied it. The surgeon has faxed them a reply with more info and I called them but don’t have a clue what will happen next? Any one have this issue? Thanks.

Yes, usually PNS for TN gets denied first time, mine was denied as well, surgeon just sent in appeal and I hounded them and was approved within about a week of surgeons letter. Not uncommon for insurance to deny don’t get discouraged.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I was not denied. I was approved on the first go round, however I am not having a PNS. I do have anesthesia dolorosa from trigeminal neuralgia and I am getting a spinal stim, not PNS stim. I want the PNS stim but because the location of my pain is not in my face, but rather right smack dab in my mouth, they know that the PNS would keep eroding as they would have to place it well... in my chin so I am getting the bigger surgery. No fun!

Make sure you appeal and then appeal some more. The PNS is approved for face pain. The MCS is not so it makes no sense why you were not approved and I was. Since I am so "rare" they are using me a guinea pig.