Pain

I am just curious if anyone had any input on ways they use to deal with the indescribable pain of TN (other than medications and surgery). I used to get adjusted every week by a chiropractor until the attacks got so frequent and severe and my face so sensitive that I could no longer go because my face can't be touched (and same goes for massage therapy). I meditate, deep breathe, I don't know. It's worse than ever. At least my surgery is on the 17th. I don't think I could make it much past then. Anyways ideas? I'm really feel beaten down. :(

Wish I had a magical answer for you...I went 3 years before a diagnosis and looking back, I don't know how I got through those years, but I did. During the worst attacks I would be literally frozen in place, numbing cream from dentist can bring short term relief, if just for a while, also used Oragel and still do during bad times. Meditation, deep breaths and praying. I don't know how I would continue on without Gabapentin. Have you tried getting a prescription for a Lidocain Patch? Topicals is all I can think of for you. Know it is easy to get beat down with this, but you will make it through till your surgery. Sending you a gentle hug. Betsy

Lidocaine patch prescription. : )

Hi Jennifer! I will throw out ideas that have helped me in the past. Not sure if any of them will work for you. Just think 10 days is all you have to go through until your surgery. Usually pain has a purpose but TN is nerve pain NOT anything life threatening in and of itself. Reminding myself it is not life threatening helped me. I gave myself mental "gold stars" as I did the least little thing. If I got water down, if I took my medication. Any little thing I would give myself a "gold star". I remember just going through the ABCs thinking of A-Apple, B-Banana etc knowing that time passed with each repetition. Create a symbol for each day like the 12 days of Christmas each day representing a different warrior or saint that you are calling upon as your spirit guide. Do one thing each day for someone else. The little things counts. Your life can be positive for others even amidst the indescribable pain. I go to the vocabulary.com site and do vocabulary words. This works for a little while. I darken the room curl up and try to reduce all input. I have listened to soft new age music. I have used aromatherapy lemon, lavender, peppermint. Go to Youtube put in "endurance shackleton and the antarctic" and watch the incredible documentary of Sir Edward Shackleton. Think of yourself as the heroine you are. Begin a journal to write down what you want to tell yourself when you are past your surgery. Could a gentle walk help? Jennifer you are so brave. Keep sharing with us. You could even count down the days with us one day at a time. Tina

Tina you sound amazing…and yes I will.be sharing everyday :slight_smile: thanks again :slight_smile:

You are the brave amazing one Jennifer. You can count down the days with us! Peace dear one.