Oh my goodness! Teeth pain!

The tegretol was making me so druged out and tired. I have addison's disease so am already tired and fatigued enough. So I decided to wean myself off of the tegretol.

My TN, which I was just diagnosed with a couple of months ago, was just in the top of my head and eyes and above.

Well, since I have weaned off my teeth have started hurting. OH MY STARS!! At first I thought it was something wrong with my teeth. But then I though, all of my teeth from the left side bottom to the front did not go bad all at once.

So it dawned on me . . . .TN!!!

I just took a tegretol about 30 minutes ago. I am Praying that this will solve the problem.

In the meantime my foot surgery doc has put me on gabapentin. I read that it's OK to take the two together.

Anybody else take gabepentin and tegretol?

It was the TN causing my teeth to hurt. Today they feel 100% better. WOW! Just WOW! Before I never had problems with my teeth hurting. Can it just change like that?

Hi ChipperRoo

It sure is TN. That is where my TN has started both times for me. I have been having teeth pain too and it is crazy painful right. Yeah mine has always started in one tooth and then flared out from there. It gets to the point where I feel like I have been punched in the jaw with all the teeth up and down vibrating with a heart beat of pain on one side. Or intense bolts traveling through my teeth, gums and jaw. I actually had a root canal when TN came back two and a half years ago...I didn't need it. That tooth hurt every day for more then a year. It doesn't hurt anymore. Now a different one does.

I am bilateral in all three branches and over the past two and a half years have had flare ups in different parts of my whole face. Last winter it was around my left eye almost every day. The one thing that I can say for sure about TN is that it doesn't stop changing!

I hope your medication brings you some relief. And it can change in a single day. One day agony and the next day like it was never there.

Jane

Hi justjane37 my oh my your TN mimics mine!Are you on any medication.I am on pregabalin,nortripyline and clonazepam .The first two only have effect at very high doses which I can’t tolerate.The small dose of clonazepam enables me to sleep a few hours.I hope today for you was one of those"like it was never there"days!

Hi Eileen,

I am on Nortriptyline. I has been helpful in the past but doesn't seem to be cutting it right now. I am considering increasing again or trying something else as I also have problems with Nortriptyline once I get up to around 75mgs. I guess an anti-convulsant is next on my list. Right now I am just dealing with the pain which is of course exhausting. I had a really good summer but winters have proven to be very nasty for me. My attacks do tend to come in flare ups that last a couple of weeks or a month so hopefully it will settle down again. I never know what is next with TN.

I am sorry that you can relate to my story because it is a whole world of pain! I hope you are having a low pain day too and I hope that you get some relief.

Jane

Eileen said:

Hi justjane37 my oh my your TN mimics mine!Are you on any medication.I am on pregabalin,nortripyline and clonazepam .The first two only have effect at very high doses which I can't tolerate.The small dose of clonazepam enables me to sleep a few hours.I hope today for you was one of those"like it was never there"days!

Thanks for your replies! I'm just so new to all of this and trying to understand. :) Praying for pain free days ahead!