Occipital Neuralgia?

Hi guys,im a bit sceptical about the diagnosis iv been given re my wonky teeth feeling!!!! im a TN sufferer,its been under control for some time now & iv been off of my meds for quite a while.In the last 6-8 weeks iv been having problems,my bite seems off i have had a feeling of pressure in my temple and above my eyes.Also my eyes have felt half shut but when i look in the mirror they're not!!!.And on top of that my teeth ached and eating was very uncomfortable.All of this on the right side,same as my TN.After a visit to the dentist for a deep clean on Thursday morning at 10 that night the wonky teeth thing flared up again,but this time its unbearable,far more severe than ever before.So i decided to visit my GP,he diagnosed it as Occipital neuralgia! on looking on my pc im not sure he's right! it says the pain is a sharp stabbing type,radiating out from the scalp where as mine is a deep dull nagging pain starting in my right top jaw into the temple & eyes.He advised me to go back on the Teg which i have,and lucky me its making me totaly giddy!!!!!!!! Anyone had any similar symptoms,as im really not sure his diagnosis is correct!!!!!!!!

Hi Lisa that’s what I think I have, a dull Pain in my jaw and upper tooth and Lower one left side, I’m on teg and methyprednisolone. For 3 days now it’s taking off the ege but I don’t feel that good , does teg work for you, how long does it take? Thanks dean

it usually takes my Teg & Naproxen a few days to kick in,the first time i took it i had no side affects at a all, but the last time & this time i feel drunk,but not in a good way!!!!!!

Lisa, I think the diagnosis is probably wonky though the prescription may not be. The occipital nerves (greater and lesser) serve the back of the head and upper neck, NOT the face or teeth. But Tegretol is often effective against occipital neuralgia as well as trigeminal neuralgia and sometimes trigeminal neuropathic pain.

Regards, Red

do you also have TMJ i have that along with TN and it causes me to have a achey jaw ,temples,eyes,neck and headaches all the time i actually think thats what caused my TN from my jaw destroying the T -nerve where it enters my face through the jaw