Neuro in Toronto

justjane was asking re a neurosurgeon in her area. I was very pleased with the service and care of Dr Modjan Hodaie of Toronto Western Hospital. She has a very skilled team of people. She did both Gamma and MVD for me.

She also referred me after MVD to Dr Denise Stirling of Oakville who is a neuro lost for looking after any medications. She is very knowledgeable and easy to talk with. So is Dr Hodaie

Chippy

Chippy,

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I met with Dr. Tymianski at Toronto Western last year. He didn't offer me any help bc I am Atypical. I am looking for a second opinion and still looking for a proper diagnosis. I have heard good things about Dr. Hodaie so I am going to contact her. I spoke to a lady yesterday that is affiliated with the Toronto support group. Here are her recommendations: (I haven't contacted anyone yet so I can't say how helpful they will be but I will let you know if I get anywhere).

Dr. Kauffman-yes he is in Winnipeg but apparently the best in Canada

Dr. Lozano-Neurologist Toronto Western

Dr. Allan Gordon-Neurologist Mount Sinai

Dr. Ralph Kern-Neurologist Mount Sinai

Dr. Kim-Neurologist Markham Hospital

Dr. Honey--Neurologist Oshawa ON

justjane37. I have heard of Dr Tymianski and he has done TN1. I was at TN world conference in 2008 and met Dr Kauffman. Yes he is supposed to be the best. Just in speaking with him he said he may consult with me but it did not meanhe would do anything as most my symptons were TN2. There are good doctors and good. Care at Toronto Western. I think they realize nos that yes they can do surgery for TN2 patients
I hope you are able yo find one that works well with you
Chippy