MVD has been scheduled and I'm so SCARED!

Hi Everyone!

Well, I finally did it. I scheduled the surgery - January 11th. I'm scared and I don't know how I'm going to swing it financially - but I'm going to do it. It's been two years and now I have this new symptom. My left eye turns blood red and waters, my left nostril runs like crazy and the headache? Well, I can't describe it. It is not cluster headaches - my neuro said it is from the GN. He said he could give me more medicine, but not much more. I said you can't give me anymore because I can't work or even deal with life if you put me on any more meds. Primary care and neurologist said that the surgery is the best option then.

That was it. I just can't do this anymore. If it isn't one kind of pain it's another. All I want to do most days is just chop my head off. I know you all know what I'm talking about.

I'm terrified of the surgery. Everytime I think about it I want to throw up.

Anyone who has had the surgery - can you tell me what I can expect and how long it took to recover? Was it worth it?

Thanks!!! Sandee

I haven’t had it but I’m going to the neuro surgeon tomorrow. What did they tell you about recovery time? I just had to have open heart surgery in September and now this. I’m a 36 year old teacher that cannot be off long especially after 6 weeks off for the OH surgery!

Oh Kaitmanda you are so young to be going through so much!! I'm so sorry.

Recovery time is 6-8 weeks. But from what I've read from the internet and others on the TNA Website it is individual. And even after the recovery time I've read that it can still take months before you aren't so tired and wiped out and feeling back to normal. (whatever that is right?!)

Maybe you could make due with meds until summer? That's what I've done for the past 2 years. I'd want to keep on doing so if the meds worked more than 50% of the time.

I'll try to keep a blog about what it is like and how I am doing. But I can't promise because I just don't know what I'll feel like doing or not doing after its all said and done!