MVD for atypical

Has anyone had MVD for atypical done by Ken Casey?

Laura, where does Ken Casey practice -- City, Hospital, etc. ?

Dr. Casey practices just south of Detroit in Trenton, Michigan. He did my successful MVD on 10/30/13, just over 2 1/2 years ago and I've been pain free ever since. I had Type 1 TN however, but I know that Dr. Casey takes on difficult cases and has more success than others. He is one of if not the best TN surgeons out there.

This is a really good video with DR Ken Casey. He talks about ATN. https://vimeo.com/10284243
Dr. Casey is one of the best. He will be very honest about whether he thinks he can help and what the success rates are.

Well bad news. Saw Dr. Casey yesterday. Nothing he can really do for me. I have TN type 2 (case b) he said. My pain is constant. It is burning my whole face (bilateral). Thinks there is a genetic component to it. No nerve compression just bad nerves that won't shut off. I tried cymbalta yesterday but I think it made my pain worse today. Meds don't work. I am at a loss. Don't know if I can deal with the pain much longer. 13 years is enough for me.

justjane37 said:

This is a really good video with DR Ken Casey. He talks about ATN. https://vimeo.com/10284243
Dr. Casey is one of the best. He will be very honest about whether he thinks he can help and what the success rates are.

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry that you didn't get the news that you hoped for. I have bilateral ATN in all three branches as well. I am not interested in surgery and have been told I am not a candidate anyways. I'm interested to know what he had to say about a genetic component? I am the fourth person in my family with TN.

Have you tried Amitriptyline?

Jane

I think I have tried it in the past and I don't think it worked. I don't think anyone in my family has this. I can't control the burning searing pain on both sides. NOthing I take does any good. I don't know how much longer I can go on. I really don't. I keep thinking I did something wrong or my personality contributed to it. Dr Casey said something about looking for the gene that may cause this. Only helps though if they can find a cure.

justjane37 said:

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry that you didn't get the news that you hoped for. I have bilateral ATN in all three branches as well. I am not interested in surgery and have been told I am not a candidate anyways. I'm interested to know what he had to say about a genetic component? I am the fourth person in my family with TN.

Have you tried Amitriptyline?

Jane