Atn 2

I know many of you have discussed MVD surgery. I want to hear from others that have had that surgery and are pain free now. Which doctor and where??? I was diagnosed when I was 34. I also have 4 children but am divorced and trying to manage this all on my own. I have been on more medication than one can imagine. I am scared though of having any surgery if the result is worse… Would like to hear others opinions…

I believe than TN1 and MVD go hand in hand…many success

With ATN, and very top notch surgeon, can get better, about 65% better.

I flew to michigan to go to dr. Ken casey.

You can learn much from his video

Google

The tides of neuropathic pain

Much there about MVD and differences in facial pains!
, and other procedures.

Keep posting!

I actually met Dr. Casey.. Wanted to hear from people that had him perform the surgery for ATN type 2..

I have Atypical TN and also want to hear more : )

I just had MVD surgery Sept 14 and I am pain free. If you are considering surgery make sure you have an experienced TN surgeon. Experienced meaning he does the surgery A LOT. Gamma knife decreases your chance of full recovery because the nerve is damaged. I am still recovering, it's only been 13 days. I saw Dr. Morcos at the University of Miami hospital.

I am 9 days post MVD surgery. Doin ok so far. My Dr was in Univ of Ia at Iowa City. His name was Patrick Hitchons. Great Dr and I went home the next day.

Osubucks, I would like to chat with you about Dr. Lee. I also saw him. No surgery.