Just an update, long time no post :)

Hi Everyone.

Just thought I would pop in because although I am still a TN patient I am not at this point in my life a TN sufferer :)

I am not sure what happened or why I sometimes might get really mild pain but nothing like I first experienced TN, I thought I was going to die.

I haven't read through my original posts as I think that might be just as bad as being back at that stage of my life.

Although I am 100% luckier than many sufferers but have no real answers as to why I got the pain.

I now take eplimn but only when I have a stressful or rundown week but only 500mg as a once off instead of the 1000mg I am meant to take a day.

I guess I have done things to help my face.

Minimised stress

Lost 15kgs in the last 9 months which has been my best pain free period.

Any onset of a coldsore I start antivirals as my TN was closely related to my Bells palsy

Not sure what else to say but I didnt think I would be like this when I first joined this forum back in 2010.

I guess there is hope, I know this forum helped and scared the crap out of me when I first got sick but I am grateful it was here also.

Fingers crossed for every other sufferer

Hi Shannon,
Really nice to read your update! I’m so pleased for you and hope you continue on this path!
I am so jealous of your weight loss!! :wink: good for you! Enjoy!!
Thanks so much for coming back and sharing, it does remind us there is hope!
All the best!
(( hugs )) Mimi

Really happy your pain has stopped, your life must feel so free again!

Its good for all to read that pain can go or remiss for sometime :)