It's official

Hi everyone,

Finally went to see my neurologist today and she was so worth the wait.....Loved her! The bad news: Post concussion syndrome will most likely take a year for me to fully recover.... The really bad news: My Trig. Nerve Injury with Neuralgia will not heal.....My neurologist started me back on 100mg on Topamax at night and 100 mg Tegretol to take when I have my flares every 12 hours. Now just hoping for pain relief. Guess I will have to buck up...my 2 year old needs me!!

So glad you liked your doc!!! The tegretol really worked for me at that dose (so far--it has been five months) the trouble is it has to build up in your blood to work so you won't get immediate relief ;-( My doc has kept me on it eventhough the pain is under control... also-- I take epitol which is generic tegretol--only costs forty cents at Walmart with my insurance-- the time release tegretol was over sixty bucks!! Hope this illness doesn't interrupt your life with your toddler too much--that time is so short and soooo sweet!!

So sorry to hear about this diagnosis. I suffered about 2 1/2 years with post-concussive although I still have some residual symptoms over 3 years later. And developed the TN as an unfortunate sequelae. I'm glad you found a neurologist that you like. They are such an important companion in your eventual recovery. All the best to you and your little one.