Important warning re spam emails

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good Xmas.

Just a quick note to warn you all about a person who is sending spam emails to members of this site.

If you receive an email from "Abraham Akim" DO NOT REPLY. I received an email from him as follows:

>>>

Good Day,

How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since vital to disclose it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on:(abrahamakim@outlook.com ) for full details.
Have a wonderful day

Thanks God bless.

Mr.Abraham

>>>

I work in the security industry so before replying to this email I checked out Mr Akim. His routine is to join forums, as diverse as; TN - Blueridge Jeepsters - Womans Advisory Group - Industrial Underground Drilling! He then sends the same email, sometimes with a small variation in his Hotmail address. He basically operates a 419 scam (Google is your friend here).

Do not reply and simply delete and or block his email address. MESSAGE to moderators, please look into this mans page on this site. If you received one of his emails DO NOT WORRY. It can't hurt your system as long as you do not reply. The internet is a fantastic place and allows much good work, well just look at this site :)

Take care people and if you want any further info feel free to contact me. I have a very public face unlike Mr Akim!

Colin

What a jerk. Thanks for the head up.

Ya I got the same - Explored it an found it must be a crawler designed to join open groups somehow - then targets member to try to appeal to your greed and get you to think there is 4,400,000 $ waiting in Haiti for you. If you search the net you will find this is attacking all groups with the same message and a private profile.

Just delete it and forget about it . So far seems to be harmless ...so far.

Hi Vetaraninpain, yes just seems like your standard 419 scam. No real problem but just annoying.

Thanks, I got the message this morning