Im getting a nerve block tuesday

Finally found someone willing to help. Pain management Dr is doing what I believe is a steroid nerve block straight into the trigeminal nerve. With my pain being only to the inside if my mouth / teeth / burning…anyone have any opinions or been threw this? Please only positive feedback. If you have had it done does it hurt? I’m praying and begging god this finally takes my pain away

Also if it doesn’t work he’s going to next use radio frequency to burn the nerve… I’m pretty confused because its not a rhizotomy…he just called it burning the nerve…but I thought that’s what a rhizotomy was? Anyone had this done with success?

Part of me knows why you only want positive feedback, but it's a strange request. Steroid injection might well help, with the pain, and I hope it does.

Rhizotomy, is using radio frequency and is what is proposed more often than not is is used in conjunction with spinal nerves which is where your confusion might be. Either way it is a destructive procedure and doesn't address the cause, though as a sufferer I understand why this might not be paramount.

Please let us know the outcome.

I will for sure let everyone know. Please pray :slight_smile:

We will pray for you, Jennifer. You've had a rough journey thus far. Deep breaths, honey.

Hello Jennifer,

Just to clarify, I use phosphatidyl-choline to reduce inflammation.

So I use (1) CurcminRich, (2) phosphatidyl-choline to reduce inflammation.

Thanks

Mona

Mona you open up the pills and put the gel onto your face?

Are you typical or atypical mona? Do you notice significant relief? Do you order that stuff?

Hi Jennifer, did you do an MRI?

Mona I’ve had mris mras and cat scan done

In my case, I belive it was most likely a deodorant that contained deionized water, which turned out to have a disaster affect on the nerve system. There are many other things that might exist in other things we use in a daily based, such makeup and hair staff.

Ya all test come back fine

If that were true Mona wouldn't a lot more people have trigeminal neuropathy? or other neuropathy?

Mona said:

In my case, I belive it was most likely a deodorant that contained deionized water, which turned out to have a disaster affect on the nerve system. There are many other things that might exist in other things we use in a daily based, such makeup and hair staff.

I had the Gamma knife radiosugery about 6 months ago, it's where they put a frame on my head,then I had an MRI where they pin point the trigeminal nerve they want to hit, then they put me on the Gamma Knife machine when the focus a cobolt of radiation to the trigeminal nerve. I don't know if this is the same what your talking about. For the first couple of months I did't think it had helped, but then my pain was getting less and now for the last couple of months I only have minor zinger going through at times, I am very thankful and I'm hoping it will stay like that. I hope it works for you too.

Jennifer Muir said:

Also if it doesn't work he's going to next use radio frequency to burn the nerve... I'm pretty confused because its not a rhizotomy...he just called it burning the nerve...but I thought that's what a rhizotomy was? Anyone had this done with success?

Sn gamma knife is a different procedure but I’m so happy that it has helped you! That is wonderful! I may eventually need a gamma knife but we are hoping it doesn’t get to that. Fingers crossed you remain pain free!

Just had nerve block number 2 done guys. Please pray for me please

Where was the injection?

Steroids into the trigeminal nerve again. Outside of my face into the nerve.

I've heard sometimes it can take a few shots before you start to see the effects. Good luck and keep us posted!

Did they say what the steroids were by way, were they any of these?

Triamcinolone
Dexamethasone

Bupivacaine (anesthetic)