Ideas for Spreading the Word?

Hi LTN Crew,

Ben and I were talking today and trying to figure out new ways to spread the word on LivingWithTN. One idea was some sort of blog thing (Ro mentioned this to me too).

Does anyone have any good ideas? It seems like folks are pretty happy with the service so we’re trying to figure out how to bring more people into the community?

If you have an idea, maybe you can post below this so everyone can weigh in. thanks.

cheers,

Scott

Oh darn, I just typed a bunch of ideas, then clicked something wrong and they disappeared. Ok, trying again.

1. research free places online that advertise non-profit websites.
  2. Email as many dentist offices, clinics and hospitals as possible (neurology departments) and ask if they would be willing to post some small (8x10) posters with our logo and small blurb about TN and LTN, and in large print, the URL address of where to find us. This would take some cash to print and send them out, so we could have fund raisers or sell TN related items on our site (Can be made through www.cafepress.com ) and a PayPal link on the site to donate for public education on the site would also help. Members could offer to make items to sell on the site to raise money for education. There are charity sites on ebay and etsy.com, where you get lowered fees if you are selling for non profit organizations.
  3. Write to TNA in each country, (I see we have a lot of international members here) and ask if they would be willing to mention us in their monthly newsletters.
  4. Have each of us tell all of our facial pain friends about it, and ask THEM to pass the word on to their TN family and friends, and on and on.

The TNA site in USA is www.endthepain.org and they have newsletters. I also mentioned that so we are on the same wavelength, Maeve! Hugs

These are some fantastic ideas! thanks so much. Ben and I are working on some other promotional ideas, we’ll run them by you guys when we get them figured out!

thx

I’ll keep on posting tweets off and on. Also is there a Face Book account associated with this site? That may help. (please forgive me if there is and I am already a member… I do have memory issues :slight_smile:

Martha

thanks for the suggestion martha. we haven’t created a facebook account, but we should. thx!

Isn’t there a way to add words to google so that this is one of the first sites to pop up when a search is done? I didn’t find this site for a few months and it was due to a search about hair. I “think” you can add words and then we will all (plus everyone we know) will have to hit the site with a specific search or something? Just a thought. I only know enough to be dangerous when it comes to websites!

Great point Debbie. You’re talking about “Organic Google Traffic.” Ben and I have been less active on in the last few weeks on LivingWithTN because we’ve been working on ways for google to find us easier. Believe it or not, but Google doesn’t really recognize the community yet. I’m very excited about some of the things we’re working on and hopefully it will have a big affect!

Thanks for your thoughts!

thanks Ro!

I’ve just added links for living with TN on my google pages through firefox, and checked the search again through IE and it placed Living with TN at the top of the list both times. There is a link to the right side of page titles on Google search - a little green button that when highlighted or clicked on - says “promote”. I think when people get the page up and they click the promote button that the more who press this, the higher up the results chain our website here will place… Just my 2 cents…

excellent Kerry. do you have some time to chat or talk about this? I’m not quite following you. I’m going to start a forum titled: “improving Living With TN in Google.” Maybe we can all contribute.

along with ideas on printing out flyers for hospitals and dr.s offices, also neurologists and neuro surgeons in local areas. i’d be willing to do this as well.

Flyers are a great idea! I’ll contact you offline.