I am having Gamma Knife surgery next Tuesday for TN. Any advice?

I have had TN since April of this year. I am so confused and feel so alone right now. Any good or bad experiences with Gamma Knife is appreciated.

Thank you,

Tammy

hello tammy good luck on the gamma knife next week. i am having my 2nd gamma knife next week. (first one was for a tumor).i would suggest getting one of those gel eye mask that you can put in freezer. i did have alot of swelling in my eyelids. had some nausea. i thought i would be able to return to work in a few days. it took a week before i could go back.i hope all goes well.

best of luck,

Abby

Hi Tammy ! Sorry you have joined the club. I have TN and had Gamma Knife surgery in Nov. 2006. Having MS, the TN developed about 10 years after I was diagnosed............ A very unpleasent suprise. I was told it I had a 50% chance since my TN is symptomatic. Unfortunately I got nothing out of it but was told by one Neurologist I should try again. I wanted to, but the cost being so high I never did. I'd go for it and cling to the chance it will work.

Good Luck !

Benton

Hey Abby,

My doctor said it could take months before the pain gets better and that it will probably get worse before it gets better. Did you experience that? How long before the pain got better?

abby said:

hello tammy good luck on the gamma knife next week. i am having my 2nd gamma knife next week. (first one was for a tumor).i would suggest getting one of those gel eye mask that you can put in freezer. i did have alot of swelling in my eyelids. had some nausea. i thought i would be able to return to work in a few days. it took a week before i could go back.i hope all goes well.

best of luck,

Abby

Go to groups tab above - and look for gamma knife group

Please read my profile as well. Albee’s profile may also be helpful.

If you’d like to msg me, please do. The choices of treatment can be hard to sort out. For one pain or side effects from meds influence our decision. Plus everyone reacts differently to the different options.

You’re in my prayers :slight_smile:
LyndaS

Message RED on here - he recently posted about how ineffective and damaging Gamma can be.