Hi everyone

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their e-mails, as you have noticed I have not participated on the site yet, been kind of having a rough time of it right now. Doctors have me on Gabapentin 300mg twice a day and I'm waiting for that to work. They also gave me NORCO did not work, so they change me to PERCOCET did not work, nothing seems to help with the pain once it starts. So now they have given me a sumatriptan injection kit don't know about that one. The only thing that seems to help is to sit very still and wait it out, tired of sleeping sitting up, but I guess you do what you have to. Never had pain that made me cry before. MRI was neg.now waiting to see neurologist, still just a working diagnoses but I hope they nail it down soon, so I can get some kind of better treatment started. Thank you everyone and my sincere best wishes to everyone dealing with this nasty thing called TN.

Hi Blackhawk,
I hope you’re feeling better and the gabapentin has started to work.
Most important thing is pain control, make sure you ask the Neurologist for a plan on how to increase your meds in case you need to in the future.
Positive thoughts,
Mimi

sumatriptan is the generic name for Imitrex. My TN has been triggering migraines and I do have the shots and the pills. I also have something for the nausea as the fast acting shot always upsets my stomach.