Helping others understand

I don't know if anyone else has posted this before but I found this link in a newsletter I get for people with chronic pain and thought I would share it here. It is a great reference to give to your friends and loved ones to help them understand how to approach us with these issues.

http://www.wikihow.com/Understand-Someone-With-Chronic-Pain

Here is another good one: The Spoon Theory

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Thanks for posting this, actually both are very it was good to run across this again tonight. Feeling pretty bad about eveveryone, your right not understanding, but I guess not even that after over 20 yrs. everyone in my family and pretty much most friends are just tired of hearing about all aspects of my life with tn most don't even ask anymore.I just tend to be more of a burden on everyone then anything else. I try and do what I can. Well enough of a pity party I just wanted to just Thank- You! How are you doing hope the best possible!! Dawn

Jamie, I think that picture was an illustration by one of our members and is in the photos/pictures section?

Jamie said:

I remember seeing this and printing it out for my "Pain Folder" which was a manilla folder full of articles, jpegs, basic info on ATN/Chronic Pain. I need to find that folder. Some of the stuff is no longer on the web. One item was an awesome illustration of how ATN feels like and it had a profile of a man's face colored in red with yellow streaks, lightning bolts and the such. I actually laminated it at work and brought it to which ever doctor I was seeing at that time and said "Here, this is what it feels like!"
I just bookmark stuff now. But I like actual paper, tangible things I can mark on with notations, highlight etc. My "Pain Folder" was part of the one of the "Stages of Pain" in went through without even realizing it. Can't remember which stage. Acceptance maybe? We all cycle through the stages over and over again anyways.
I've been very umm??? Verbose? Lengthy in my message to tell you "Thanks for sending that!" Lol

The picture I was thinking of is not the same but it is still a very good illustration. Your illustration sounds so familiar, I am sure I saw it here. Anyways, if you go to the top bar and click on "Members + Mods" then "photos" and do a search for face it is on the second page.

I just did a new search and think I found it....try "battling pain". Mangamel posted a second version with color...much more descriptive. There are a lot of great pictures up there.

Bump!! This is an awesome article if you have loved ones who just DON'T get it. Or want to know how they can be of help to you...A great read.. even helped me to understand a few things and to not be so hard on myself at times....

:)