Have you had TN pain after MVD?

Hi all! I'm back after my MVD in February and an unrelated Spine surgery in March. Thus my being away from online. Just yesterday and today I have started getting some minimal TN pain. I'm still on narcotics and cymbalta- so fear what it would have been like without the meds. Its been 4 months since the MVD. I will call my neurosurgery department on Monday. I'm anxious, and wanted to know if anyone has delt with something similar- is this normal- no biggie? Or is it a sign of worse to come and a new MVD needed?

If interested, I am happy to type my TN story - would anyone like to read it? If not, I wont worry about taking the time for it.

Much love,

Thank you!

Sara

Some things I have learned through this first year of being diagnosed with TN:Steady and slow, patience here we go! I promise, everyone with TN will be just FINE- a treatment will come, life can be good-if you make it good. Do everything you can to control the TN- even if surgery sounds scary. Would you rather a year of healing, or years to a lifetime of sickening meds and horrific pain? Be responsible for yourself and take action, and be strong- be proud of the decisions you make. If a dr you meet, doesn't click with you,go to another one- until you find the perfect one for you,who can treat you as you need to be treated. Be humble and dont be afraid to ask for help, reach out, make friends - you need it. You are sick, and need to be surrounded by love and support. Dont pity yourself- empower yourself! Do things you have never done before- and remember life as it was before TN. When you get back there, you will never take anything for granted again. We are so lucky to have learned such valuable lessons, and will become much stronger, more beautiful people that we didn't know we could be. Your life is not ruined- it has just taken a different road- one with new amazing things to absorb, and learn, and love. Your strength and happiness is up to you. Dont be afraid to be emmotional= you need to have mental strength and balance. Go to a therapist, get it out, sort it out, understand it and understand yourself. Become a mentor to those who need help and someone to look up to on how to take this disease with grace.