Happy to meet you, RecipeForDisaster from New England!

Hi there @RecipeForDisaster and welcome to Living With Facial Pain! Speaking of animals, do you own any pets? Having pets are just so relaxing, I think they really have the ability to relieve all your stress away! I also love being outside, but this pandemic doesn’t permit me to go outside at all. May I know if there’s a particular place you love going to before the pandemic started? By the way, it looks like you’ve been through a tough experience, I hope you are doing fine now.

If there’s a specific topic you are looking for or if you’re looking for new ideas to feed your mind, the search icon (top right) is a big help! Also, as you may know, our community is filled with people who love giving support. So, if you need any support, I think you just came to the right place!

I think this welcome is a bit late now, but I just wanted to welcome you here. Also, I just want to let you know that if you have any questions, please always feel free to reach out!

Eymie :blush:

Thanks! I have lots of pets. Horses and cats. For a treat, or if I’m really down, I love visiting the ocean or seeing baby animals. And yes, being outside is my “everyday” favorite.

I am also very cautious since the pandemic, even though I’m fully vaccinated now. I would have said getting a special kind of food take-out(I have a beloved croissant place, of ice cream, asian food, falafel…
), but now I have quit eating anything that isn’t purée or liquid texture.

I’ve gotten worse even since I introduced myself and am seeing a FPA recommended neurologist at the end of the month. Now I’m on gabapentin (not helping at these low doses) in addition to increased carbamazepine.

My PCP agreed to have 10% lidocaine nasal spray ordered for me! I was so relieved. It sounds like they do that in the ER, and I love being able to avert emergencies myself.

I have not completely figured out how to navigate this forum and where I want to go, but I will!