Gamma Knife Surgery

I had gamma knife surgery on June 3 at UVA Medical Center---this Monday will be 5 weeks since the procedure. Unfortunately, I have noticed little to no relief for my trigeminal neuralgia. I know they say "2-6 weeks" but am pushing at that mark now and am getting scared the procedure will not provide any benefits to me. Anyone else take this long to feel/find relief? Desperately seeking relief!

Are you still taking your meds? Do you notice any difference at all? I am 3 months out and I have had set backs also. I had one three days out that was the worst I’ve ever had and that scared me too. But, my burning gums and tooth pain was gone. I am not cured completely but I have relief. I also learned that a bad pain in both ears was actually a double ear infection and not the TN. If you have atypical neuralgia also that has a tendency to hang around. Our granddaughter came 2 months early and the stress kicked up symptoms. So if you can try to shut down whenever possible. Headaches were an issue, but are better now. I hope that you get relief soon . The procedure I know was no party and you expect to get something out it. It takes time.

Be patient, it took from December until March for me...then WHAMMO, no pain. Off all pain meds now and loving it. Be patient, I cursed my surgeon dail until March, as I even had pain right after the procedure. Takes awhile for that trigeminal nerve to lesion over after the radiation "burning" it.

Mollycule