Furious with doctor to t

the doctors been having me on 1200mg of carbamazpine its so bad it's like the whole room totally spinning like your drunk. Three weeks now i call and tell him how bad it is and can't he do something else he had the nurse to tell me to stay with it I would get use to it. He won't do anything else. I try to find another neurodoctor and finally do they say i need a referral and can't see me til the end of june. Now I have to go through crap to get the refferal. mean while I'm in agony and pain no one seems to get how painful this is that i talk to, the one nurse evensaid oh well either take the med or live with it

I know teg is rough. It takes some getting used to THATS for sure. It can take up to 4 weeks to build up in your system to work. I don't know how long it takes to get used to tho.. When I started on amitriptyline it took me about a week to adjust to it. I so sorry that the nurse said that to you. They just don't "get" what we go thru. But I do and all I can say is hang in there. . maybe it'll get better in a week. If not .. keep buggin the doc. :(

Wow...I'm so sorry! They don't seem to understand how truly debilitating this is. I've been suffering without anything at all for pain and can't even get in to the neurologist earlier than Friday. It is taking everything I have not to go to the E.R. and tell them they need to just put me to sleep or something because the pain is so unbearable to me at times. You deserve a doctor that cares how you feel. But at a lot of times it seems that all they CAN do is drug us up to relieve the pain. My only advice would be to keep trying for another doctor. If the medication is that intolerable to you you shouldn't just have to just deal with it.

You are suffering tooo much. After three weeks you should have some diminishing of pain even if not all has gone. If it has not by four weeks I would demand your Dr titrate you off Tegretol and taper up on an alternative at the same time. This is standard practice and we do not all respond to some medications. I feel for you.

Of all the side effects , I feel that this ( spinning) is the worst. Two weeks is bad, not mention having to endure three weeks without significant pain relief. I cannot imagine when there is a need to up this dosage again. There are so many medicines around, why must we stick to this.

It is medical malpractice in my opinion to let you flounder in pain like this

I would at minimum DEMAND - some topical relief that you can put directly on your face

Lidocaine creme or lidocaine patch