Desperate for Pain Relief

I am having TN pain lately so intense I cannot open my mouth, it is hard to take a pill and swollen it and my lower jaw is even swollen some. Every test has ruled out even to an infection in my body. The nerve pain has gotten so intense. I was taken 1200mg of carbamazapien and still had break through pains then, my neurologist switched me to trileptal. 24 hr slow release. At first I thought it would be good then when the hours started wearing off the pain came back and worst than before. I cannot even get it under control with an IV pain med and increasing the carbamazepine. Does anyone know what I might try. The Dr. agreed my jaw looked swollen and did an IV contrast when I had my cat scan done. She said she could not find a thing wrong. Should I start an anti- inflammatory med. such as advil, oh yes, she gave me hydrocodone with Tylenol to take as well for pain, but, I am not sure about it. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Oh, yes, I had MVD done on the same side 4 years ago and no pain there but my left cheek as been also having a numb feeling as well, but, so for no pain.

My doc precribed prednisone when there was a bad inflamation/flare-up. Ask your doc to try that if you can take it!! Feel better soon!!

I would go to ER

with a face pain tab above info
About needing crisis help

Things like dillauded IV can calm things down

tacocat said:thank you for your comment Tacoma, I thought about, I will call and talk to my neurologist and see if she will call me in a prescription of it ,

My doc precribed prednisone when there was a bad inflamation/flare-up. Ask your doc to try that if you can take it!! Feel better soon!!

Thanks everyone, the error offered didlautin but I can't take morphine, so she gave me fennel, which did nothing. I will try the Advil and I will as about predizone. I think the nerve was inflamed and very irritated, the pain yesterday was horrifying, hurt so badly, I couldn't even cry, just was frightened so bad.

Another question, can you take prednisone with Aleve or Advil

I am so sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Hang on and keep trying. Great advice here. Fiorocet has been working for me with jaw pain. Still struggling with pain three weeks out from an MVD. Wishing you relief soon. I know we hate the ER, but it works, when all else fails.