Breakthrough Pain and frustrations

I saw the Neurologist the other week. She wasn't that helpful. She said that because I've been coping with the pain, I can just carry on coping. And I think that has knocked the strength out of me because this last week I have had such awful breakthrough pain.

Basically I don't take medication regularly. I have tramedol and other painkillers for when I can't cope with the pain, but I am allergic to every daily medication I have tried. I've been coping so far most of the time. Cut out tea and with the weather getting warmer. But this last week has been quite horrific for me. I just can't shift the pain.

I have breakthrough pain as well, believe it or not, I have found that drinking tons of coffee seems to help. I am not doing well on any of the meds as well. Was wondering where you live, the humidity here last week caused a lot of pain, there is none today and already I feel better..Hope you feel better, wendy

I live in the UK. We have had awful weather. I got caught in torrential rain (which flooded the area) so not sure if that's a cause.

It may be, it rained so bad here last night that my whole yard and some of my basement flooded, i noticed the breakthrough pain was much worse.

Could be.

But also my Neurologist told me to take breaks in my working, and it's only when I take breaks that the pain comes along

I'm a workaholic by the way, currently training to be a maths teacher and doing a very intensive maths course at the same time as writing a children's book and a screenplay.

I work my butt off and the staying home is killing me, I am an insurance adjuster for auto, I am used to driving 100 + miles a day and going to bodyshops , customer homes and tow yards. Not working is driving me insane. I hear ya on the workaholic but I am going to rethink that when I get back to work, lifes to short and this has really changed my thinking, hope you are feeling better today

I enjoy what I'm doing fortunately. Will probably rethink things when I get into teaching though lol

sounds like a terrible doctor !

we shouldn't "cope" with the pain. they should do whatever possible to help reduce the pain.

My husband didn't like her very much. She didn't really listen to me.