Botox for neuralgia?

Has anyone had Botox for Trigeminal? My Neuro still hasn’t made up his mind if I have Trigeminal or occipital neuralgia because I have the pain 24/7 and it’s worse in my scalp. He had one of his drs. Inject Botox in numerous places in my head and neck and shoulder muscles last Thursday and now my pain is WORSE!! They said it might take 1 to 2 weeks to work, but I wasn’t told it would make my scalp, face, and neck pain worse (hopefully temporarily) I regret doing it. I’m just curious if anyone else had Botox and how it worked or didn’t work for you?

I had it done 3 times. The first time I got 3 months pain free. The second time, as soon as I walked out of the office I was slammed with pain. The third time, I knew before we were done it was a waste of my time and $1000. The botox has to be placed in the exact spot. Doctors are shooting blind on this one.

Wow! That is scary. When it didn’t work those 2 tiimes, did the extra pain from it last 3 months as well? $1000? I’m sure glad I have insurance! Did you try other injections after Botox?

Bobbie said:

I had it done 3 times. The first time I got 3 months pain free. The second time, as soon as I walked out of the office I was slammed with pain. The third time, I knew before we were done it was a waste of my time and $1000. The botox has to be placed in the exact spot. Doctors are shooting blind on this one.

Yes I tried botox It’s been aboute a week now will not be trying it again I agree with Bobbie Im slamed with pain. And swelling in face you can see. Did not work for me at all. Prayer’s Sent Shirely