Anyone had strange results combining Gabapentin with Tegretol?

Hi, I'm currently on a new drug regimen of 600mg of Carbamazepine (Tegretol) combined with 300mg of Gabapentin. The idea is for this to go up as high as 900mg of Gabapentin, if that's what it takes to rid me of mouth pain.

However, I've found since my very first dose (I'm putting it up in 100mg instalments once a week) that it's actually made the mouth pain worse. As at today, when it's just gone up to 300mg, it's at the worst it's been in a while, feeling perilously close to electric shock level, which it hasn't been since I started on Tegretol.

This is surely bizarre - to be getting more pain while staking more drugs?! My question is, has anyone else experienced anything similar, or has anyone heard of some obscure reason why Gabapentin and Carbamazepine don't mix?

I appreciate this could be a complete coincidence and that stress or some other factor could be doing this (I have had a very stressful few weeks, with just about every thing possible going wrong with my medical care), so I am quite prepared to sit it out if it's just a freak 'thing', but I would appreciate some feedback, if you've ever combined these drugs, to let me know if they were successful for you or if anything out of the ordinary occurred.

Thanks!