Anyone else experience this?

Hi,

Tried acupuncture and the first 24 hours were seemed to be sent by God: I slept the best I have since this started -- through the night, wow -- and woke up without pain and that last until 3:30 pm. WOW. Then I had a backlash. Then, I had another treatment. Again, I an amazing sleep, but the next day, the pain had jumped from the lower left -- where it always is -- to the upper right gums. They are super sore. How is this even possible?

Has anyone else had this experience or something like it?

Thanks,

JanetM

I have as well. Mine just started jumping from side to side from inside to outside. I can't tell you why though.

When I tried acupuncture, he did not want to touch the nerve area in my face. He did not want to provoke it. He instead took the route to scramble the pain signals. I'm not kidding you, in every finger tip and tip of each toe, going in a complete circle, from right hand thumb down to right foot, left foot then left hand from pinky to thumb, he placed needles that were excruciating…at first. Then he placed four needles at the crown of my head in the NESW positions. Then he let me rest for an hour. After removing all of the needles, I went home and not only had good sleep, I had no pain. Only low levels of electrical shocks. Each visit was over one hundred dollars, so after about two weeks of 3x p/week, I gave up. It was effective to a point. Life happens and stress runs through your body and it seems to provoke the monster to speak up and be heard. He did teach me to do the work on myself with a diabetic tester thing, but it is a much larger needle in diameter and hurts like heck. I've been successful with the regimen I'm on now, so I haven't tried to do the self acupuncture for a long while.

Does your acupuncturist put the needles along the Trigeminal nerve?

Maybe your pain was going to take that route anyway ... the nerve innervates the upper gums as well as the jaw and having it on the other side (provided they didn't put needles in on that side) perhaps indicates either bilateral happening or it coinciding with a dental problem.

This is so interesting. I have never heard of acupuncture done this way.

LyndaS said:

When I tried acupuncture, he did not want to touch the nerve area in my face. He did not want to provoke it. He instead took the route to scramble the pain signals. I'm not kidding you, in every finger tip and tip of each toe, going in a complete circle, from right hand thumb down to right foot, left foot then left hand from pinky to thumb, he placed needles that were excruciating…at first. Then he placed four needles at the crown of my head in the NESW positions. Then he let me rest for an hour. After removing all of the needles, I went home and not only had good sleep, I had no pain. Only low levels of electrical shocks. Each visit was over one hundred dollars, so after about two weeks of 3x p/week, I gave up. It was effective to a point. Life happens and stress runs through your body and it seems to provoke the monster to speak up and be heard. He did teach me to do the work on myself with a diabetic tester thing, but it is a much larger needle in diameter and hurts like heck. I've been successful with the regimen I'm on now, so I haven't tried to do the self acupuncture for a long while.

Does your acupuncturist put the needles along the Trigeminal nerve?