Working through the diagnosis

I am so confused I have been thinking over this diagnosis for a week now. They did a MRI and there was no sign of anything pushing on the nerves. They know I have TN but they can’t figure out why. I am in constant pain and then when I take my meds they make me sick. Mike is having a hard time with this all and he is scared to death. nothing I say to him can calm his nerves. My friend from church Dawn prayed for me during the Easter Event we put on but everything is so confusing. I have so many questions that I dont know who to ask them to or if people will think I am weird. I don’t know if I will be able to have healthy kids. I am scared.

Nothing showed on my MRI either, but I still have the pain and TN!! I have flareups every now and then and they adjust my meds. Not sure if this is right or not.

Good Luck and tell him to relax

Thank you. It is nice to know someone knows what I am going through

I have had an MRI, MRA, scan of my brain, teeth x-rayed by a dentist, and a full jaw scan at the oral surgeon....everything showed up clean as a whistle...however, I still have pain. I had to work thru many medications until they could find one that I could tolerate and that would give me some pain relief.

It's ok to be scared....and never, ever be afraid to ask a question. Write down your questions on a pad of paper when you are able to think, then bring that pad to the dr's office and ask every question you have, and write down all the dr's answers. This will help you remember what to do and what the dr said when the pain interfers with being able to think clearly. Your notes will also help and inform family members who want to help you and don't know what to do for you.

Take care....

Barbara

Thank you.