Weird Pain from TN

I was diagnosed with TN in 2011, was using Gabapentin for it and it controlled the pain very well for 3 years. But, about a year ago the pain started in the front teeth on the side of TN with lots of burning and tickling in the teeth ,gums ,the chin and lips. Since then increased gabapentin, added lamicatal and baclofen, The comes and goes, sometimes the back teeth hurt, the gums burn, or the front teeth burn and tickle. Is this kind of pain TN would cause or it might be something else? I am feeling very desperate to get better, i have stopped working a year ago hoping to find the meds that would get it under control again. I want to return to work, I have look for new job and worried i wan't be able to take the stress of new job. Feeling very desperate, i don't see any end. It feels like this is how i will be spending rest of my life. Are there any other meds i can try? Please Help!

Hi,

Sorry that you are dealing with this. It sounds like what I have experienced--ATN or Type 2 TN. I have had it in my teeth for two years. Have you tried a tricyclic anti-depressant like Amitriptyline or Nortriptyline? They can be very effective for constant type pain. I hope you can find something that works for it.

Jane

Yep… You are describing some of the pain I experience with TN2. My pain moves around all over the right sode of my face but concentrates in my teeth. A dentist said I have abnormal excess in nerve groups and endings in my teeth and likely this contributes.

I work still with a combination of gabapentin and oxycodone. The pain is not gone 100%, but it is tolerable. I am self employed so I can control my schedule fairly easily so I am lucky in that respect.