Sugar Crush

I don’t remember how I came to read this book but I think I may have stumbled onto something concerning nerve pain. Sugar has been addressed in the past and maybe this book has been suggested to read. The book talks about bringing laser focus to the powerfully detrimental role of sugar and carbohydrates as direct toxins to the body. How to Reduce Inflammation, Reverse Nerve Damage, and Reclaim Good Health.The book is: SUGAR CRUSH by DR. RICHARD P. JACOBY and RAQUEL BALDELOMAR

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Bubblegum! For what it’s worth, anecdotally: I seem to feel worse when I have more sugar, and I’ve noticed others on this forum have made similar comments.

I’ve put the book on hold at the library. I try to avoid sugar, but it is hard at times, and I really don’t like artificial sweeteners.

I purchased the book on Smileamazon.com

It talks about TN on pages 68-69, 81

One really needs to read the whole book. It touches on MS and ailments doctors can’t seem to diagnose.

(dairy they also say) but for 2 weeks it will be healthiest test and let your body tell you. You’d be surprised how you may feel so much better. I can tolerate some milk but yeast and sugar most, uh… don’t get me started. Thanks for info above all and hopefully Xylitol will be option for some as cutting it out of diet often we will crave more then usual till cleansed. Xylitol is healthier and helps as a alternative that actually tastes good.

Be aware that Xylitol is HIGHLY TOXIC to dogs. https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/xylitol-toxicity-in-dogs

Just something to be aware of it you’re going to use more artificial sweetners and less sugar. I actually know of two families who lost dogs to sugar free gum. Horrible.

Oh my gosh yes! My 13 lb. dog ate 3/4 of a pack of sugar-free gum (I was chewing it to distract from the dental pain). Fortunately I figured it out within about 1 1/2 hours, and they managed to get most of it thrown up. But we still almost lost him–one stick could kill him. It was a terrible experience!

That’s one of the reasons I will never use artificial sweeteners again. If they can do that to my dog, I don’t trust what they are doing in my body. I’m not even sure that they are better than sugar. Plain old fruit tastes fantastic when you get your taste buds calmed down. A bit of honey goes a long way also.

The book touches on all the comments left, honey, artificial sweeteners, dairy. In a nutshell omit them from your diet. Read the book. I read the whole book in a few hours. I kept falling asleep. I was reading after bedtime in the evening.