Playing catch up

I'm back. I will try my best not to write too long of a post.

I was going through a tough time for a while but I am doing much better now.

I was taking Nortrip. and it was working about 70%. It controlled the migraines well and I could finally sleep. Saw the Neuro for the first time and she diagnosed me as Type1 and type 2. I don't get type 2 zap as much as the type 2 burning etc. She switched me to Carbamazepine and the transition was very bad!

I have only been on it for a very short time (600) and I have had break through pain. I ended up in ER a month ago with Hyponatremia., (low sodium). I passed out. That has been a struggle in itself. Now she is switching me to Pregabalin to a max of 150mg. First week at 25mg and I had a few very vague zaps, so fast I couldn't tell where they were. Now I am half way through week 2 at 50 mg and I am having stronger zaps and the burning/ numb tingle is worse. About four days ago my eye started to water and each day it has been worse and a bruised feeling on the side of my nose just below the bridge. It is at it's worst today, I have had to use a heat pad and I can't see very well. I sometimes get a sore cheek on the inside as if I have been clamping the skin. I am not. from the very first of my TN I have had eye watering and running nose but only when the pain is 8 and up. Over time it started to water before any pain and I could predict a pain attack coming on. This is the worst it has been.

Anyone get this?

Anyone take Pregabalin? What side effects have you had and did it help? What dosage helped you?My Pharmacist said it might help me that it showed promise, he has three relatives with some form of nerve pain and it helped them all. he said 150mg was a low dose.

Aside from that I wanted to ask if anyone gets a sharp pain behind their ear right below the bump of bone?

Hope this is clear, I am typing with one eye.

I can relate to the eye and nose tearing/dripping. My left eye and nostril (the side I have TN) leak, as I like to call it, a lot. When I’m about to have a lot of pain or am in a lot of pain, it’s an open faucet. Even my husband who has become somewhat used to it gets concerned sometimes because he thinks I’m crying. I asked my neuro about it once and he said some people with TN get this. So, I adjusted and I carry tissues and wear waterproof eyeliner.

ihold said:

I can relate to the eye and nose tearing/dripping. My left eye and nostril (the side I have TN) leak, as I like to call it, a lot. When I'm about to have a lot of pain or am in a lot of pain, it's an open faucet. Even my husband who has become somewhat used to it gets concerned sometimes because he thinks I'm crying. I asked my neuro about it once and he said some people with TN get this. So, I adjusted and I carry tissues and wear waterproof eyeliner.

Thanks ihold, Good to know I am not alone. I am finally learning that anything can happen when you have TN!

Good to see you Charlie. Sending positive thoughts that you’ll feel better soon.