Pain Reoccurance 4 years after MVD

Need some advice/help. I had a MVD in July 2012 and have been pain free since the surgery. Two days ago I began to feel the pain. It has gotten a little worse each day so I have scheduled an appointment next week with the neurosurgeon. Any input would be appreciated.

I, also, had a MVD that was 100% successful but my pain returned after 4 years just like you. I went on meds for years considering a second MVD. Then around 2005 I went into remission and I am still there with only a few minor flare ups. At a TN/FP Conference I posed the question to the neurosurgical panel on MVD. Drs. Casey and Janetta (RIP) responded immediately that if the pain returned right after surgery it was a missed blood vessel compressing. If after 4 years, like you and me, it is another offending vessel. I take V-B12, sublingually, in large doses since I believe it helps keep me in remission. I am off all drugs now. Can’t explain why the other lady who posted that her ATN (type 2 TN) got worse after V-B12 shots.

Thanks for the reply. How long before you noticed a difference when you started the B12?

Can’t really put a timeline on it. Neither can I prove that V-B12 has kept me in remission. However, there are no side effects and I have dropped all medication, weaning myself off, and have no pain. I take 5000mcg daily under the tongue. My B-12 blood level is very high as a result but, as I said, there are no side effects so there is no harm. I wish you the best of luck in your search for freedom from pain.

So went to the DR today and he recommended a rhizotomy. Any experiences???