Pain + hope = growth

That is my 'new math' and I dare not question it.

Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN1) has removed family, friends, work relationships and many parts of the essence of Bob Snodgrass.

This disease has introduced me to big words, strange terms, frightening and life threatening diagnoses.

Can you pronounce Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, or Dysmetria/Bradykinesia, that's only two of way too many.

A very short conversation occurs when you tell someone you have a Brachial Lesion, or you've had a Transient Ischemic Attack.

Please, sit down if you haven't taken upwards of 51 pills a day.

Imagine the number of tests and procedures involved with 3 Brain Surgeries. As 'luck' would have it, they were not successful.

Travel from freedom and indepencence to assisted living.

Sharing and caring with my new family and friends is my 'new math', no question.

With great gratitude, I thank you! bob

Bob, your message makes me want to cry . You have been through such a lot yet you are always there to pick people up. I hope that there are other people in your life, apart from this family, who appreciate your sensitivity and kindness.

Bob,

There’s no doubt that you’ve had a “sh!tty deal” You have been through so much, and yet here you are spurring the rest of us on with your wit and wisdom and keeping the ship afloat, it is us that should be thanking you.

I was reading recently a Jeffery Deaver book and there was an excerpt that really gave me pause to think about my situation, and the passage is a couple of pages long so I’m not going to type it all up here, but in essence it says that however crap your situation that it can make you a better person and the person that you were meant to be, it goes on about being in “harmony” with yourself in what sounds really new agey and what not, but it was all making sense in the larger context of what was being said.
The main point being :

" In Tao, Loa -tzu say " there no need to leave house for better seeing. No need to peer from window, Instead, live from center of your being, The way to do is to be"

From my distant perspective across the pond, it sums you up, you’ve had a really awful time of it, but you somehow have this positive core that does nothing but emanate the goodness you see in others, and how life is always still good to you.
I don’t know if that will make sense to anyone else without reading the book, but it sure makes sense to me.
You sir, the sarky auld sod that you are, are always a ray of sunshine, and for that I thank YOU.

With all my love

Gracie x x x x

What a wonderful man you are, I feel ashamed to moan about my pain. I shall think of you every time I let the pain win. You have made me realize I have to push my doctors to get anywhere. Thank you for being so strong. Margaret

Love it!

I think this is so poetic. I posted it on the Ben’s Friends Blog: http://blog.bensfriends.org/

Bob - you amaze me.

I love it!!!

Bob,
You are amazing! I appreciate all your positive words and it is nice to see the light through all the darkness and it seem to me that your spirit is that light. Keep on shining and try not to look down too much.
Tara Shuey
Allentown,Pa

This is great, very inspirational. Thanks Bob!