Our stories are important. Will you share yours?

I am new to this site but I am so glad to be a part of it. It seems the average person just doesn’t get what we have to tolerate on a daily basis. It is so know to talk to people who truly do get It . I love the support and information this site offers thanks so much

Hello Kay-La,I too suffer from TN type 2. What antidepressants do you take?Im interested to know as the last anti depressant I was on,nortripyline,didn’t work and I stopped it.I have cymbalta here but have heard horror stories about withdrawing from it so reluctant to use it and it doesn’t work.Im surprised you had an MVD for this type of TN but very happy it worked for you.Im in the UK and awaiting a March appointment at a pain medication clinic.I also have to watch my tiredness levels and I ache when I overdo it.I appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Meridians said:

Hello All,
I am Kay-La from Houston, TX. Quick version of my TN nightmare. A Dentist compromised my left trigeminal nerve when he pulled molar 15. Pain immediately started radiating from my tooth cavity to under my jaw. My face, neck and chest turned red. This took place in May of 2012. I too went to Doctors to Doctors before I was diagnosed over a period of six months. I found the best Neurosurgeon, Dr. Dong Kim in the Houston Medical Center who specializes in treating TN. This Neuro industry has to follow protocol and I received two gamma knife surgeries and neither did nothing for pain. In the interim I was sent to pain Doctor to work with me to try to give me some relief. Now listen to me, opiods do not work on trigeminal. Only antidepressants cut nerve pain. I ended up having an MVD last May and it has helped. I have had to adjust my life, no stress, plenty of rest and life balance. I am able to work thank God. I had hoped I could get off all meds but unfortunately not. I want to encourage you all that you can and will make it through this if you have the medical resources and family support. Feel free to ask me any questions. Oh by the way I have TN 2, the worst kind. Stay strong because there are treatments to help you. God bless you all.