Other DX's and treatments

I am wondering if any of you are currently being treated for any inflammatory autoimmune issues as well. I am currently being treated for lupus and dermatomyositis, both issues have a fair amount of inflammation associated with them and I frequently get rashes that are associated with vascular inflammation. I am currently on weekly injections of methotrexate. Two weeks ago is when my first flare started and it lasted until yesterday, with Sunday being the worst pain I had ever experienced in my life and the previous week was no picnic but I had managed. Monday and Tuesday the pain seemed to really reside in my upper back teeth and it was extremely painful for anything to touch them including any type of food or my bottom teeth. This morning was my methotrexate injection and for the only the second day in two weeks I am pain free. Oddly enough the only other day I experienced a totally pain free day was last Wednesday when I did my injection the previous week. I am just wondering if there is any connection to the inflammation in my body from my autoimmune disease, the immediate effects of the methotrexate on injection day and my TN.

I don’t have autoimmune issues but what you’re saying about inflammation makes sense.

I’ve been told my ATN has probably come about from 20 years of chronic migraines and vascular inflammation from those pressing against the TN nerve, eventually damaging it. When I get into a bad migraine cycle my ATN will react to it, flaring up as the migraine progresses past a certain point.

1 Like

I have Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Sjogren’s & RA. I recently increased my intake of Vitamin D from 1,000 mg to 3,000 mg since it is supposed to help with inflammation. Wishing you the best of luck.

Bubbie3, you checked with your doctor before making that dosage change, didn’t you? All supplements – even those that are available over the counter, can interact with medications that we take. If you haven’t, please check just to be on the safe side.

Seenie

Yes, I checked with my rheumatologist before increasing my dosage.

I have autoimmune diseases. When i take prednisone the face pain diminishes markedly. Unfortunately, the side effects from long term use of methylprednisolone are pretty horrific. So it becomes a bigger risk than benefit which is too bad for people like me with atn.

Very wise. It’ll probably be a while before you notice any change, but don’t forget to post if you do!