New to Site

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have never joined a group like this before so not really sure if I am posting this in the right spot or not. I have been living with TN for 7 years now and some of that has been pain free, but the pain is back now and it’s really bad this time and I am having a hard time this time around. I am back on medication and it is not working so I am going to the doctor on Monday to discuss options for I am hoping for the best. I look forward to chatting with you all and hope to give and get a lot of support, I need it.
Tricia

Hi Tricia,

I hope you get the help you need this time! This group is great! I have only had TN since September (but have had MS for 20 years). What I find is the oddest thing sets mine off; I look normal so no one thinks anything is wrong. It is pain like I’ve never had before! What meds are you on? I see a neurosurgeon tomorrow regarding my glioma ~~ possibly the cause of my TN.

I hope you have a restful evening. Stay strong!
Blessings,
Melodye
http://www.melodyejoy.wordpress.com/

Hi Ro,

Thanks for welcoming me to the group! It’s so nice to see that there is support out there. Yes, I have tried three different medications, so I don’t know what my doctor will say this time, just hoping for some relief.

I will keep you posted. Thanks again!
Tricia

Ro ~ said:

Hi Tricia,

Welcome to Living With TN ~ I’m sorry to hear you had a relapse with TN. It seems to be a very common thing that happens and many say the same as you; it’s really bad this time.

I’m glad to hear you are going to your doctor to discuss your options. Is it safe to say you’ve tried different sorts of medications?

What I do is write things down so not to forget to ask or if I see something, jot it down and ask the doctor about it. This may sound silly but I keep my neurologist involved with other health issues because I found that sometimes one can have an effect on the other ~ I tell the nurse if he feels it may need attention, then please call me. If not, then he doesn’t need to call. Works well for me.

We have a great amount of information within the groups. It contains options and information. food for thought :slight_smile:

Will you let us know how you progress? Do take good care ok?

Ro~