My first blog!

I have decided that a blog will help me cope with my condition. I dont think its as much as who reads it as the fact that I have an outlet to express myself to people who care! Some days this condition gets the best of me and somedays I can overcome it. Other days I think I overcame it and it sneaks up on me. Today is a day that it snuck up on me. I woke up with just mild pain and anyone who suffers from TN knows that mild pain can be very bearable compared to the very bad days. I had it in my mind it was going to be a good day and 4 hours into my shift it smacks me in the face. Here I am trying to perform my job and I cant concentrate and it just gets worse. I get home after work and want to enjoy my children and all I can think about is the pain. If anything sucks about this condition its the way it steals your soul. You lose yourself somewhere in the pain. I have to remind myself to buck up and be the person I was two months ago and the last 25 years. so anyways that was my day!

I was just diagnosed with TN this week..Nice eh>> I did my research beforehand and I already knew what I had. I am on Tegretol 400mg for now. I didn't want to shock my body with 800mg..not yet anyway..so far so good--only thing is that I'm tired and drowsy..but i guess it's better than having the pain that is associated with TN....

Im on tegretol also, they are slowly working me up still and although I have some good days now which were none existent a couple months ago it seems my bad days are really bad! Ive only had my diagnosis for about a month but the pain for 3 months.

IT'S SO HARD TO DO, BUT WE DONT REALLY HAVE A CHOICE. I had a great weekend, but woke up today with the pain...I think it's gonna be a learning curve in progress, and I whine too about having the old me back (just 3 months ago me) .....it's my little self pity party.

I am up tp 600mg of tegretol a day now, and I am having more good days then bad!

chin up,,,you got this!

The great thing about writing a blog on this site Heather is that you get to have your own personal pity party and you have 1000+ friends that don't mind stopping by to join you! We've all been exactly where are you and it sucks. Keep on writing. You've found a great site.

Elaine