MVD Progress Report - 104 Days since surgery

Hi Everyone,

It has been 104 days since MVD surgery and I am still completely TN pain free...no symptoms whatsoever....I suffered with TN for almost six years. During that time I had gamma knife surgery and four nerve blocks...the last one lasted only 4 months until the pain came rolling back in....I will come aboard here every so often and keep you up dated about how my MVD surgery is working....God Bless all of you and may you become pain free too.

Hello, Vic.

First of all CONGRATULATIONS! I am always so happy to hear that someone has found relief, be it by whatever medication, procedure, etc. That's wonderful. I hope you stay pain free!

Prior to your MVD, would you say that your symptoms more closely resembled that of a Type I, Trigeminal Neuralgia patient, or were they more like a Type II, or Atypical TN patient?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Stef

Hi Stef…The pain I had was not a constant pain…it would arrive without much warning…it was like a cattle prod being stuck into the left side of my face…sometimes the pain would last for a few moments or as long as a hour or so…the it would fade away…but come to visit a few hours later…over long periods of time the pain would become stronger and stronger…When I had MVD surgery there was a couple of large veins, not arteries, but veins tangled and wrapped around the trigeminal nerve…

Vic, it’s so lovely to hear from you especially with such great news.

Blessings to you, Vic!

Some lady named "Pat", was asking about you;) bob

Hi Bob,

I hope all is well with you and your pain free as can be...thanks for the blessing...Life right now for me is the best it has been for me in years....No pain shocks...no worry about pain shocks...my MVD scar has healed up...its still a bit sore but no big deal...the left side of my face is numbed permanently from all of the previous procedures...but it is easy to live with compared to chronic pain...There were times over the last few months of my TN that this website helped me get through the day...many times in fact...I appreciate and thank all of you who work so hard and invest your time to make this website what it is to facial pain sufferers..this is a wonderful website...God Bless You

Hi Pat,

I hope your doing good and pain free....God Bless

Congratulations Vic! Is wonderful to hear about a successful MVD outcome. It's inspirational to hear you've got your life back. Gives hope to so many here.

Gloria