Just curious

Hi all I am curious and I know this has probably been asked a thousand times before but I would like to ask where everyone is from. I was thinking we are in process of looking for a place to and you know I was thinking I won't know anyone there that is like me. That is how it feels with the TN also. So I thought maybe when everyone got to talking about where they lived that maybe they find someone close to them that may they could get to know and have a friendship with to help then deal with there TN more and have a new friendship too. If ya'll don't want to do this then that is fine I just to sitting here and thought I would give it a try and see what response I could get.

By the way I live in Trinity, North Carolina

Ok I'll go first. I live in Bossier City, Louisiana.

I doubt I'll find anyone who lives near me! Woy Woy, New South Wales, Australia.

Look at groups tab

There are TN monthly meetings in some cities

Here in kansas city area there is bi monthly

Also members +mods tab
There is a member map
Where you can put yourself on!

And see where high populations of diagnosed TN states and countries are

Just past the middle of nowhere near Creston Washington. lol

Portland, Oregon.

Finger Lakes area of NY state. Would love to have someone nearby to chat with. Country on farm. 66 yr old female, happily married. No family nearby. They all live in TX. LOL

Sorry I wasn't trying to step on your toes about this, I just thought it would be fun for all of us to do for a while to take our minds off our pain for just a couple of minutes. I live right in the very center of NC it is 3 1/2 to the beach or the mountains and it is 1 roughly to SC or Va from my house. I was a paramedic in my pastlife also fire/rescue, search and rescue so I miss my life I also coached challenger league sports for the foster kids I had then when I moved to hamburg,ny I worked with SABAH I had a very active life until about 4 years ago. So that is why I am still learning from all of you and asking questions. I want to understand what is happening to my body.

As for this where everyone lives game............ I just wanted to make some friends and have some fun. Sorry I stepped on your toes since we already have maps. Yea, I had seen them but I just wanted to play.

Kc Dancer Kc said:

Look at groups tab

There are TN monthly meetings in some cities

Here in kansas city area there is bi monthly

Also members +mods tab
There is a member map
Where you can put yourself on!

And see where high populations of diagnosed TN states and countries are

I'm pretty sure you're not stepping in toes :-) Feeling pretty isolated all the way down under though.

Glad you brought up this question. I am in Central FL and just went to the members+mods member map and found a dozen or so members within 30 minutes of me. Very cool. Most signed up and disappeared but there are a few that are active.

I agree with Jamie, I am NC for now Trinity for now. So if you are ever on I-85 or I-40 through the middle of the state then you will be with in and hour or so of me so look me up.

jeritta

When we finally get to move it will be the same way just look me up there too. lol. by the way anyone know of places for rent or sale in Erie County NY?

Hello, I think this is a great idea. Shout out to Kath Jaco, I live in FingerLakes too. Geneva,

Good idea for a discussion Jrulz!

I am in Buffalo, NY. I didn’t know about the map thingy either, so don’t feel bad. I don’t think you can step on toes as this is a place for support and it sure wouldn’t hurt to find someone that lives close by. That can help in terms of finding good doctors, finding someone to hang out with when it gets tough and it feels like no one else understands, etc.

I am sort of close to the finger lakes Kath Jaco…within a couple of hours. Not a country girl though…more city girl. But still, closer than Texas :slight_smile:

kath jaco said:

Finger Lakes area of NY state. Would love to have someone nearby to chat with. Country on farm. 66 yr old female, happily married. No family nearby. They all live in TX. LOL

I do know where Hamburg, NY is. Been through there many times. Buffalo is about 3+ hours from where I live. We use to stop in Buffalo when we went to Niagara falls which was a yearly event up until last 3 or 4 yrs. Would love to talk to you privately about your doc, meds etc. I am not at all happy with mine. If you, or anyone else would like to e-mail me privately, my e-mail is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Atypical trigeminal neuralgia is a very lonely illness that no one except a fellow sufferer understands.
Don't really understand how to use this site. Still trying to figure out how to respond to Sue posting that lives in Geneva, NY. That is very close to me and where some of my doctors are. Can anyone tell me how to get that posting back and how to respond to it. Perhaps Sue is reading this and will e-mail me???

jrultz, hope you find a place in Erie county. When are you hoping to move? Maybe we could meet in person some day after you get moved to NY. Just starting to turn cold here. We spend a few weeks in Southlake, TX with our son near Xmas time. That is a suburb between Dallas and Ft Worth. VERY City. LOL

Thanks everyone.

Hope I have this figured out now. Would love to talk to you. Who are your doctors and are you happy with them? What meds do you take? how long you had TNor ATN? I live in Ovid, but use Geneva docs and hospital. Occasionally am referred to Rochester, but havent had much better luck there. Do you do any of the instant messaging? I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I have had ATN for 14 yrs approx. Am 66 yr old. How old are you? I am excited that you are so close by and may have gone through some of the same docs, etc that I have. Would love to hear from you either by e-mail or phone. kathj8@gmail.com

Sue said:

Hello, I think this is a great idea. Shout out to Kath Jaco, I live in FingerLakes too. Geneva,