Interesting Ted Talk

My brother sent me this Ted Talk. A lot of it made sense to me. Most of it were things I had heard before, but there was some new stuff. Thoughts from anyone else? She gives pretty compelling testimony. http://youtu.be/KLjgBLwH3Wc

Thanks Heather, I found this also along my TN journey. I think it is great! Thank you for posting it, I needed a reminder. I was sent to a rhumetologist by my neuro. I had an elevated ANA (i think that was what it was called). She thought I might have lupus. I kinda freaked out and started reading a lot. I think I have a food sensitivity. Just now experimenting and trying to figure it out. And how it ties in with TN. Have you tried any food changes that have made you feel better? I know I feel better when I eat healthy live food.

shawna

Very interesting Heather. Although I am unable to endorse any particular diet, I do agree that reducing processed food and replacing with fresh ones is always going to be a better way forward.

I haven’t been able to do much yet. I’m recovering from my second mvd and my parents are taking care of me. They both work full time jobs on top of it so I just have to go with what they get for me, which is take out a lot of the time. They both watched the Ted talk though and are going to try to get me me more fresh food. If it were up to me I’d eat a giant organic salad with a little baked chicken on it for dinner everyday. That takes time and work though.

The more closely my diet resembles the recommendations in the TED talk the better I feel all around but I don’t think it will cure TN or ATN. However, it surely does help with energy levels and general wellness and certainly impacts the symptoms and how I handle them.

I have a smoothie for lunch pretty much everyday. You can add things like ground flaxseed and chia seeds, nuts, as well as all the fresh fruit and berries and plain Greek yogurt. I warm the berries in the microwave to make the smoothie body temperature.

It’s also easy to just stick a chicken in the oven and roast it for salads. I also make soup with the bones and that’s full of goodness. Steamed kale takes minutes and is delicious with a little extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt and fresh lime.

Try starting with just a few changes so it doesn’t feel overwhelming. Make a list for your your parents of what you’d like to try. Or see if there is a store nearby where you can make an on- line order that can either be delivered or put together so your parents can just pick it up.

Let us know how you do making some changes.
Bella