Help?

I need help- I have had TN for a few years now and have dealt with pain on and off for this period of time. I guess I felt like I could deal with it, even though no medicines offered any relief, as the pain would come for a minute or two then it would subside for a bit. I started acupuncture in a last-ditch effort in March and it helped (for a while).
Now, I have constant pain and can not begin to deal.
Has anyone out there had any luck with ANY treatments?
I’m miserable and I can’t share with people- they can’t see anything wrong so they have doubt that pain exists.
Anyone have any suggestions for treatment, options, etc.?
Thx-

Hi, everyone here has different things that are working for them - the tegretol ( even with side effects you hear about) still are reducing my pain. I took Dr approved vitamin supplements to give me some energy the Tegretol took but high doeses are needed for ever you can eventually back down to a level you can function. It takes time to give the drugs to work it took a little over a month the first time to get pains to go away and it is like it goes on a cycle from a shock to the worst it could possibly be to one day feeling pretty good. so give what meds you take time to work at least 6-8 weeks. Activity does seem to help if you read Marlene from Seattles story. I have found what she said true as well. after 9 month remission I started back on tegretol higher and it had it’s cycle but after what I thought was worst it has started slowing getting better again. I have been looking into UCC - upper cervical chiropractor but haven’t started I watch the Video on You Tube and emailed the Dr. - and you can see on Facial pain association (it is another support group with more information) page there is a women Maggie O posting on her success with UCC. All we can do is keep trying. Sorry your in so much Pain. I absolutely know what your going thru.

I started out with Type I (typical) TN at first too. Periodic pain. Tegretol worked great for that for about 7 years. Over that time my pain morphed into constant pain, Type II TN. I have very recently switched to Nortrityline with better results. Not the same for everyone but it has helped me, with fewer side effects.

Elaine

I have 24/7 pain in my teeth. I take 150mgs amitriptyline and it has helped more than any other med.