Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery coming up

Hello all, it has been a long time since I have posted. Just wanted to let you all know that I will be having deep brain stimulation surgery next Wednesday October 30th.

Long story short, I have a brain tumor on my brain stem that is likely what caused my TN. I opted for balloon compression surgery. First was very successful but only lasted about a month so we did the procedure again however the second surgery was unsuccessful in fact leaving me worse off than before. That surgery was last December. After a long 10 month battle it is pretty clear that I have Anesthesia Dolarosa.

So after lots of research and soul searching I have decided to move forward with Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery.

I would appreciate any experience that some of you may be able to share with me. I know this is very new in treating facial pain and I am extremely lucky that my current Neruosurgeon's (I also have a shunt in my brain due to the brain tumor) partner is one of the very few that do the surgery for facial pain.

You are a very brave lady. Prayers and hugs for you!

Jessica, I hope everything goes well on the 30th! I haven’t read too much about this. Good to hear you are in good hands!! Prayers and hugs!!
Kathy

Thank you guys very much. I will keep you updated