Can anyone recommed a Good Neurologist in the Dallas, TX area?

I have had MVD surgery and I have a wonderful primary care physician who helps me with it, but, since I now have TN on the other side of my face as well I thought I needed to see a good Neurologist who treats trigeminal neuralgia patients. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Linda

Dr. Brian Loftus in Houston Look him up online. He is really the best.

Dr. Ata in Greenville, Tx is great. Also, dr. herzog is good! Herzog has more experience with more complicated cases (not just TN) but his staff can be mighty mean. What neurosurgeon did you use?

J.M. Desaloms in Dallas @ Presbyterian Hospital.I had the Gammaknife with him and felt immediate improvement though they said full effect takes 4 to 6 weeks.He also does the surgery ,but i have a AVM close to the site so he felt Gamma knife was the best choice for me.He's a great guy and explains everything to your satisfaction.I'm very happy i found Dr. Desaloms.

I can get you kinda close....Houston.

I had my MVD with Rob Parrish. Great surgeon and exceptional human being.

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Jonathan White in Dallas? I believe he has privileges at Presbyterian Hospital.

Kassie said:

I would not recommend Dr. Parrish if you have Type 2. He pretty much dismissed me and sent me to his dentist friend in the same building. I drove from Austin to see him.

Thank you everyone for the help you have given me. I had MVD surgery in Aug. of 2010, Dr. Richard Weiner at Dallas Presbyterian was the neurosurgeon I used and he did a great job. But now it has returned in my lower jaw area and also I have been having small stings in my lower left lip has well. I thought I would see a neurologist first and I have heard that Dr. Desaloms is really good along with Dr. Jonathan White. I know I will need some form of procedure to get relief because the jaw pain is increasing with each day and I am taking already 600 mg of carbamzapene daily. Can you just go straight to a neurosurgeon? I have been using my primary care physician since surgery because I have done so well.

Ugh...So sorry it came back.Desaloms helped me with Gamma knife.I really liked him and his staff.

Thank you Don, I am considering Gamma Knife, a friend of mine at that done. I have thought about Desaloms are Jonathan White. I am going to try and get an appointment with one of them today, Thanks again, Linda

Best wishes and prayers to you Linda.Desaloms works with the cancer center behind Presbyterian.The Gamma machine there is the latest and greatest.I was totally paranoid about the headgear,MRI,and the procedure itself,but they made it all very comfortable.(yes,some drugs were involved)haha! I need to get back with Desaloms myself for a follow up MRI for my AVM.But im pain free one year later.Still vividly remember what it's like though and try to appreciate every day.

Do to having No Insurance this last year I was forced to get on the Market Place and find insurance. I have just found out today that the Neurosurgeon I used does not take BCBS HMO plans, none of them I have checked with do. Now, there are some neurologist in the same group that do, but, if you need to have surgery, gamma knife, etc., any procedure that will help stop the pain, you are well, at a loss, because they do not except your insurance. I really don't know what I will do now. It certainly was not my choice to have this insurance but I had no other choice

So proud you are pain free Don. Yes, I do remember what those days were like. I remember it was so nice not living in fear everyday. Being able to smile and appreciate just the little things, like eating for one, ha! Do take care and again I am so proud you found peace from this problem.

Could you tell me what hospital Dr. Parrish is at. I am wanting to see if he takes my Insurance and try seeing him.

Linda

Golfer said:

Kassie said:

Dr. Jonathan White did my MVD surgery 2 weeks ago, I highly recommend him!! He is amazing!!

Linda Kindle said:

Do to having No Insurance this last year I was forced to get on the Market Place and find insurance. I have just found out today that the Neurosurgeon I used does not take BCBS HMO plans, none of them I have checked with do. Now, there are some neurologist in the same group that do, but, if you need to have surgery, gamma knife, etc., any procedure that will help stop the pain, you are well, at a loss, because they do not except your insurance. I really don’t know what I will do now. It certainly was not my choice to have this insurance but I had no other choice

Hi All, Does anyone know anything about DR> Morgan in Springfield, MO> He is the one that is to do my MVD.

I had MVD with Dr. Sam Fenn 23 years ago at Baylor downtown and it lasted until last year 2014. Pain free all that time and then my TN came back. So at 59 years old, I had the MVD once again and Dr. Fenn did it again. He is wonderful. Only this time I am still in pain. I too am looking for a good neurologist. Dr. Fenn is a neurosurgeon. Has anyone been onTrileptal? I would like to try that and not Tegrotol. Just wondering if side effects are better than Tegrotol. So Linda we are together looking for a good doctor. If you try Dr. Desaloms, let me know. He sounds like he would be a good one.