California MVD Neurosurgeon ( Good or Bad)

I am looking for a Neurosurgeon who does MVD’S in California
I want one who has done a lot of the surgerys and has had a good out come. I would also like the people who have had a MVD surgery and have had a bad out come to tell me the surgeon’s name

Have you looked at the Doctors tab above by state!?

I believe it is rules here that we can say it was not successful,

but cannot say it was a bad dr. Or bad outcome, if this makes sense.

Sometimes even the best surgeon can have a MVD that doesn’t work…

Possibly because of the anatomy of the patient.

TN 1
Can be 90%+

Remission

With an MVD with top surgeons who do them often
With lots of experience. : )

Did you get lidocaine face patches?

I have lidocaine patches, cream and mouth liquid gel. I think Oral Gel works better for me the the lidcaine gel. Just uped my Meds and they are working better now just trying to figure out the doctor & insurance situation for having a MVD I just found out the my insurance will not cover any doctors in California so I am back to going 2000 miles or using the doc on plan or changing my insurance so I can go to Barrow Neurological

Kc Dancer Kc said:

Did you get lidocaine face patches?

HI,

I had MVD at Stanford University by Dr. Gary B. Steinberg. He is the head of neurosurgery and has done many MVD surgeries. He did an excellent job with an excellent outcome.

I can highly recommend him and his staff.

Kate

I’ve had MVD with Dr Linskey at the university of Irvine. I still see him for my follow up care and think he’s fantastic.
Just a spoon of thought. Do your research and make sure whoever you select is right for you.
Good luck!!
Jeanie

Hi there, I just joined the support group and have had my share of surgeries for TN... in which I will discuss as I go. I live 2 hours from Sacramento's UC Davis. My surgeon's name is Dr. Muitzer. I would of recommended him but he has since retired 2013.

UC Davis has a good group of doctors who are very interested in TN. I may need to return because of a possible episode that had happened to the opposite side. This leads me to believe TN can transfer to the other side. Does anyone know of this?

158-188327_505704382805834_484211102_n1.jpg (107 KB)

Hi there, I just wrote a post. Again... UC Davis in Sacramento Ca. takes Medicare & Medical along with most insurances.

They have a whole Neuro and Spine dept. I had the 2 MVD, gamma knife, and finally a partial Ritzotomy for my TN there. I am free of the TN episodes. I have 'burning mouth syndrome' but would exchange that ANY DAY for the TN stabbing pain.My Neuosurgeon has since retired, but there are others there.

157-188327_505704382805834_484211102_n1.jpg (107 KB)

By the info I saw so far I suppose you already tried dry needling? It is helping me by reducing the boring, harsh jaw pain, but I too hv the burning. All the TN symptoms hv been reduced! I am still on Gabapentin, but much less.

TN does not transfer from one side to the other you have 2 trigeminal nerves one on each side of your face it is possible to have a compression on the opposite side not related to the other side especially if it is classic TN and it is due to the way your blood vessel and nerves are in your body I was told that it can be more likely if it was something to do with the way your body was made when you were born it is just how your body is wired.

Good Luck and God Bless

Restless said:

Hi there, I just joined the support group and have had my share of surgeries for TN... in which I will discuss as I go. I live 2 hours from Sacramento's UC Davis. My surgeon's name is Dr. Muitzer. I would of recommended him but he has since retired 2013.

UC Davis has a good group of doctors who are very interested in TN. I may need to return because of a possible episode that had happened to the opposite side. This leads me to believe TN can transfer to the other side. Does anyone know of this?