Any suggestions for a Neuro in Southern California?

Was looking for a good neuro any suggestions/recommendations? Last neuro pushing me to do gamma knife but I want a second opinion.... thanks

Is there an MVD surgeon you can consult with…? Can you travel to get the best! Have you looked at our favorite doctors here on doctors tab!?

Learn all you can at the groups tab…gamma group.

I wouldn’t do it, im glad you didnt let yourself get pushed into it.

Meds will get less useful as time goes by. This is progressive.

Read, ask, learn allll you can!

Me, MVD , 2+ years no pain.
Most with no MVD pain dont come here any more… They are living life!

Look at the posting called success stories.

Hi,
I saw Dr. Wouter Schievink at Cedars-Sinai in 2008 and he seemed to be knowledgeable about TN. The problem was, I was 18 years old and he said Cedars-Sinai hadn't done surgery on people with TN my age. Also, I have read that Dr. Mark Linskey at UC Irvine is really good with TN patients young and old.
I hope this helps

Thanks for the reply I just scheduled with him and planning on seeing Dr. Linskey this Monday. I really appreciate it.

Beth said:

Hi,
I saw Dr. Wouter Schievink at Cedars-Sinai in 2008 and he seemed to be knowledgeable about TN. The problem was, I was 18 years old and he said Cedars-Sinai hadn't done surgery on people with TN my age. Also, I have read that Dr. Mark Linskey at UC Irvine is really good with TN patients young and old.
I hope this helps

Hi,

I am a getting the point where I may need surgery, so would you mind letting me know what you find out as they are my two of the three doctors I am considering for surgery?

Thanks

PD said:

Thanks for the reply I just scheduled with him and planning on seeing Dr. Linskey this Monday. I really appreciate it.

Beth said:

Hi,
I hope this helps

UCLA Dr. Neil Martin & Dr. De Salles. There is not enough good to say about the two. Dr. Martin had someone call me 12hrs. after I emailed him to set up a consult, and emailed a very encouraging note within a few hours. I have nothing negative to say about any of my dealings at UCLA. They worked with my travel schedule, meds, surgery, follow-up etc.