Antibiotics/pain

Hi.

I have written several posts about my facial weirdness/pain.

Does anyone ever feel better on antibiotics?

Hi, In desperation I have tried doxycycline (I’ve forgotten what dose) without success. I would say that it’s worth a try! Everyone is different. Should you try antibiotics, make sure to take probiotics and limit sugar intake. Good luck!

PS: Antibiotics tend to decrease inflammation (at least according to my tick doctor), and therefore may lead to a feeling of decreased pain.

Leviquin has black box warning to not take it if you have nerve pain or damage.

Zithromycin has been proven to reduce inflammation in cystic fibrosis e.g. It is not without risk though .

**Also certain antibiotics are known to cause nerve damage including Metronidazole ( Flagyl) , Trimethoprim and Macrodantin ( the last 2 are sometimes given in long courses to prevent UTIs ) **

I personally felt “better” when I went off all medications. Not only did it not work for the pain, it sent me crazy.
As an affect of all the medications I went on, I now have fybromyalgia. Just research everything and question everything before taking them.
I went to a Chinese herbalist and have been pain free since 2014!! After having TN for 8 years (since year 9 at school)
Hope you find relief soon. Take care of yourself!

IMHO, I would stay away from antibiotics. They’re for bacterial infections.

I hear ya! Unfortunately it’s been an ugly 4 years of it otherwise I went a very long time without it. I am dealing with odd stuff. After my extraction 6-8 weeks later my nose started hurting. It also had some crusting inside that burned when it came off. I also have redness around my nose & been to dermatologist & ENT’s. Odd thing is when they cleaned out my nose the lining looked good so they didn’t see infection. But was still put on creams and some meds to see if it took away. Anyway- some ENT’s thought my nose pain was nerve pain… yet all of the oral drs think that’s not true because my tooth (12) should not affect my nose. So it’s all experimental BS. It’s a mess. It depresses me. I have rosacea, eczema, sebnoaric dermatitis on face. It’s not bad when u look at me but I get flares. My nose has been sore to move, in inflamed inside, my left nostril is one that hurts inside, it goes deep inside nose towards back, so my current ent does think this is an ENT issue not a nerve issue. I looked on this site & only came up with a few people with nose pain. One girl in particular that was close to mine. I wish I knew for sure what was going on with everything.

The only reason I added my skin conditions is because it was thought maybe my skin was causing nose inflammation. I tried steroid cream, Soolantra etc for the redness around my nose which is not noticable because it’s in the grease but it’s sensitive to touch. I had skin biopsied which came back inflammation & rosacea. But millions of people have skin conditions in there nose creases without nose pain. So you see, I have red inflamed around nose, evidence of ent related stuff in nose, had a tooth extraction prior to pain so it’s finding what’s causing this. So yes my stuff is confusing! Sorry :neutral_face:

Yes, me too.
Prescribed Antibiotics for unrelated issues and pain level lowered. This has happened over 23 years since GPN dissection.
I think it’s called Clacyd or something like that.

Funny I just finished the doxy and it did nothing. My dr prescribed for my nose pain. I have 2 kids & a husband have to stay strong for them but sometimes I just wonder how much more I can take between all of these drs & the pain. I would never harm myself I just wish I could crawl under a rock